Thread: USSOCOM Language and Culture Seminar

Default USSOCOM Language and Culture Seminar

I'm just doing a 'cut and paste' from the original email. This is an annual event that always has good scoop on current and future language and culture thrust at SOCOM.

I did get permission to post this here from the gov SOFLO....

Dear Sir or Madam,

The Special Operations Forces Language Office (SOFLO) invites you to the 2010 United States Special Operations Command Language and Culture Seminar from 23 to 26 August 2010. This year's theme is ”Supervision and Immersion: Two Underused Paths to Higher Proficiency”. The Seminar is intended to provide Component and Command Language Managers information on developing and implementing effective strategies for them to increase language capability and capacity over the long term within the unit and across the “SOF for Life” careers of the men and women in their units...

Once again we are holding USSOCOM's annual Special Operations Forces Language and Culture Seminar at the Ramada Plaza Beach Resort, 1500 Miracle Strip Parkway, SE, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548 (www.ramadafwb.com).

If you are in the SOF language "business", you are aware that language and regional expertise are critical components of the capabilities required to successfully execute core SOF tasks in a timely manner. This Seminar is designed to focus on training for and concerns of unit Command Language Program Managers while also addressing SOF Service Component Command issues.

The award for the SOF Command Language Program of the year will be presented during the event social.

I look forward to an enjoyable and productive seminar that will stimulate open discussion and facilitate an exchange of ideas. Please return the enclosed registration confirmation sheet no later than 1 August 2010.

To register for the seminar please got to http://soflanguageseminar.softsonline.org/ and use “1” as the registration number.

Please feel free to pass this information on to anyone you feel would be interested in attending.

Is anyone besides myself attending this?