What do you write about?

The FM6-30 says

(2) Massed Fires. Massing all available fires normally
enables us to inflict maximum effect on a target with a
minimum expenditure of ammunition. It also reduces our
vulnerability to enemy target acquisition (TA) devices.
Failure to mass fires gives the enemy time to react and
seek protection. Figure 1-3 compares massed fire and
successive volley ammunition expenditures to get
equivalent effect. Massed fires of three battalions fining one
round are more effective against soft targets than one
battalion firing the same total number of rounds in
successive volleys. This is because of the minimum time lag
between volley impacts. Massed fires ensure maximum
effect in attacking targets that can easily change their
posture category for example, a soft target (personnel in
the open) can easily become a hard target (personnel with
overhead cover).
Someone who claims that a battery on its own is able to "mass fires" is illegitimately mis-using a "positive" term by applying it inappropriately.
A firing battery of slow-firing howitzers (and M777 is slow-firing in comparison to SPHs of the last 30 years) - even in conjunction with a mortar battery - is not "massing fires".
That's the "normal" amount of fires.
We don't talk about "massing artillery fires" before we've got at least a battalion of artillery ready & in range.

I don't like it at all when people hijack terms to already hype overhyped hardware with inappropriate application of said term. An MEU has a battery of 6 M777. You cannot "mass fires" with that.
Fined terms should not be watered down by inflationary use.

Russian artillery officers would have a potentially fatal laughing attack if they heard this hype about M777s in MC and Airborne service.

It's a low-performance gun, badly crippled by its weight limit and hardly capable of outperforming 30 year old guns coupled with civilian software and PDAs.
I could program a full system of artillery fire control for a whole division based on Visual Basic and IP-capable in a matter of a few weeks or months with my personal programming skills. I know programmers who could do it in a matter of days. It's delusional to become enthusiastic about fire control equipment as 90% solutions are so easily available.

Most importantly, it cannot compensate for the huge shortcomings of the basic gun. That gun is 100% obsolete by modern conventional warfare standards. It's a mere fig leaf in comparison to what's in production for mechanised brigades these days.
Even the mainland Chinese have a SPH that outclasses the M777 so much it's not funny.
It does also outclass the Paladin, Braveheart and GCT.