Thread: What we support and defend

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Nor that...

Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
    Fair enough. Carefully concealed then.
    Nor that for sure. There's nothing here to warrant seeking concealment and I'm lazy so I don't bother.
    Actually I think it does, rather nicely, at least as far and the Marines and the National Guard go. The Navy should have the influence it has or even more (maybe) seeing as how we are an island nation.
    We do understand that's your opinion. Others may differ. The "maybe" is a nice touch. A little introduction of a shade of gray. Does that mean your black and white outlook is changing for the better?
    Sorry, I got confused since this thread is about the US Constitution and the standing army in the US, why I just naturally figured we were talking about the US.
    Selective omission? The thread does discuss the US, I introduced the fact that other Democracies have a particular attribute as that IMO had and has a bearing on the discussion. As I said, you can disregard the inconvenient.

I suspect that 'distrust' does not equate to 'afraid' in the minds of most but I think 'conceal' probably does equate to 'hide.' As a minor point of which I'm sure you're aware, imprecision or carelessness in word use in this medium can lead to a perception of misquoting at worst, misunderstanding at least. Either way, it seems to lead to voluminous posts of little real merit...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken White View Post
    Either way, it seems to lead to voluminous posts of little real merit...
    For sure.
    "We fight, get beat, rise, and fight again." Gen. Nathanael Greene