From my link in the first post, On the Legality of Killing UBL Even If He Was Unarmed (and On the Title 50 Issue) - sneaky old ba$tard that I am, I hyperlinked in the OP the first half of the title, which I discussed in the OP - you will find:

Finally, apropos of my post exploring whether the UBL operation was conducted under Title 10 or Title 50 authorities, Panetta was quite clear that it was a Title 50 operation notwithstanding JSOC’s role in actually executing the attack:

LEON PANETTA: Since this was what’s called a “title 50″ operation, which is a covert operation, and it comes directly from the president of the United States who made the decision to conduct this operation in a covert way, that direction goes to me. And then, I am, you know, the person who then commands the mission.

But having said that, I have to tell you that the real commander was Adm. McRaven because he was on site, and he was actually in charge of the military operation that went in and got bin Laden.
Moving on to the post cited, Further Thoughts on Congressional Oversight, the UBL Operation, and the Title 10/Title 50 Issue:

Yesterday I posted some initial thoughts on whether the UBL operation constituted a “covert action” for statutory purposes. If so, the operation would require a presidential finding and notificiation to the SSCI and HPSCI. I argued that the operation was not a covert action, on the alternative theories that the operation was not intended to be denied and that in any event it constituted a “traditional military activity” (TMA being an explicit exception to the covert action definition).....
Some specific statutes cited, etc. - basically War Powers and Congressional Oversight. You are an inquisitive bear, aren't you ? That's good.

----------------------------
Side issue

I'm getting tired wearing a dress uniform, carrying around a slung 63" 1728 Charlesville fusil.

Perhaps, a new avatar of my Troupe de la Marine in the more normal uniform of the Great Lakes - and more "carbined" fusil.

What think thee, Great White Bear (and anyone else) - still a .69 cal. ball.

Regards

Mike