jkm,
Thanks for your reply and your service.

I still don't consider it to be a partisan effort to find out about the shadowy fighting and/or dealings between Saddam's goons and al Qaeda. I have been going through the testimony of some Gitmo detainees who were native Iraqis and were members of al Qaeda and the Taliban before 9-11 and these guys had been previously jailed and/or hunted by Saddam's goons. I also have spoken with a few other people (both CIA and military folk) who have interviewed Baath and al Qaeda detainees and found a split (as previously mentioned) amongst both sides on cooperation.

The details of al Qaeda members sitting inside Saddam's prisons would be a fascinating story, would it not? Naming the names of those involved and who made the decision to jail them and why, would it not? Would it not be a fascinating tale to have one of Saddam's former Mukhabarat agents, tasked with watching al Qaeda, Ansar al Islam, or the Taliban tell of how and where he did this?

Would examples of limited cooperation not also be a story countless people would be fascinated hearing the details of?

This stuff is going to come out one day and perhaps the "what if's" of it all can be addressed some time after all the information is out, which is what I am trying to do. Sorry if that offends some people.