Thread: The New Militias

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    I have every intention of expanding this discussion to include the full spectrum of extremism, from the far left to the far right. Islamic extremism gets enough bandwidth, it's real, it's serious, but it also blinds us to other threats, perhaps greater threats to our way of life.

While Outlaw focuses solely on right wing extremism, I'll use an excerpt from another of Outlaw's post to address what is perhaps the real effort.

Subversion in its own way is an act of war, and while some will debate that, it is certainly a form of warfare. A very effective one for undermining democratic forms of government where freedom of speech is a principle we hold dearly. The USSR correctly identified our so-called institutions of higher education as a decisive point. If they could gradually subvert the universities and turn them into unwitting or witting cheerleaders for communism, this intellectual malaise over generations would weaken our government and society, eroding our will to defend our values and question our historical narrative. It certainly worked in Berkley and other institutions where free speech is oppressed and group think is encouraged. It doesn't matter that university graduates cannot defend their positions with logic, the important thing is that they conform to group think. Now we're seeing mass mobilization of the left to oppose any views that opposes their group think. I'll post numerous examples when I have more time.

However, most notable to small wars, is the perversion of revisionist history with the subtle undermining of U.S. principles and values via flawed discussions of legitimacy. Even a modicum of knowledge regarding Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Ho, and others would reveal they did not have wide appeal, each took advantage of political and security conditions to impose their will through a combination of propaganda and a campaign of mass murder to anyone that opposed their views, or that could oppose their views.

Moving back to the right wing extremism, much of this is a reaction to the left wing extremism and the weakening of the middle. Without some sort of intervention by respected voices of reason I can only see the divide getting worse. The moderates who ran for President in the primaries were quickly side lined, so I think the voice of reason will have to come from outside politics. A modern Martin Luther King if you will, but I don't see one on the horizon.
    Bill..fully agree.... I focus on the far right as they are the more serious armed threat....that does not for a moment excuse the left and far left who has supported Putin in eastern Ukraine and the craziness around the US election....

Putin plays both groups...and they do not even see they are being played....

BTW this does not excuse Bennie Sanders who was misled by a Russian bot network on the social media side to stay in the race to the bitter end and Jill Steins who in my eyes played a far greater roll in delivering the swing states for Trump and who sat next to Flynn in Moscow on the same table as Putin....

This could actually be a great thread to explain a lot of what is ongoing right now....especially on the social media side where Russian trolls and botnets are heavily intertwined with US right and far right social media sites and left and ultra left social media sites....

But I see a far more looming danger..the sheer uncontrolled flow of black money out of Russia into the US leading to corruption and what we are now seeing with say the Trump son-in-law....

It is a flow most Americans can not even begin to comprehend...

BTW..it is also a problem with our current political parties..especially now a Republican Party that is placing their jobs and cutting taxes for the rich and destroying any form of healthcare over their care for the nation state system called democracy....

.@mollyesque spent her week talking to Republicans on the Hill. The quotes here are unbelievable:
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...28426/#…

Disappointing to see lawmakers are more concerned about Trump's negative impact on their own job than his negative impact on the country
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 05-29-2017 at 02:03 PM.