Thread: Diplomatic security after terrorists kill US Ambassador in Benghazi, Libya

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    I cant help but think that an american news channel ran by the govt for the purpose of propaganda in the arab world
    That wasn't what I was proposing, though it sounds like a good idea worth considering.

would do anything other than confirm the hegemony/imperialism narrative that our opponents propagate on their own channels.
    What I am proposing is pulling the plug on our opponents' channels by seizing control of the satellites which are now used to broadcast them.

If you are having difficulty understanding my proposal then imagine turning on your TV and trying to tune in to an enemy channel but not being able to because the satellite is no longer sending that channel's TV signals to your TV. That.

Making an example of a number of obvious enemy channels will give a lesson for the remaining channels to be a lot fairer about the great good which American influence has brought and offers to the world, or else.

This plan
    Mmm ...

along with the afghanistan plan
    You mean the thread I started in SWC OEF Afghanistan forum - How to beat the Taliban in Afghanistan / Pakistan (and win the war on terror)

Please do post your comments, replies, about that thread in that thread where I am much more likely to address specifics about it.

seems to take a list of reasonable tasks like "improve consulate security" and "increase exposure to moderate/pro american news media" and crank the amp up to 11.
    If you've got a green zone in the middle of nowhere you need the amp turned way up to get noticed!

Shutting down enemy satellite TV channels is more like confiscating the enemy's amps.
    Last edited by Peter Dow; 09-27-2012 at 10:40 PM.