Thread: The Peter Pandemic Takes Its Toll

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Solic <--Title Box doesn't take all caps

Carl - glad to see you blogging again! SOLIC is Special Operations / Low Intensity Conflict. We call the later Small Wars around these parts.

That said, the Army is in store for some soul-searching, rebuilding, reeducating, retraining and reequipping after OIF because the threat we face ain't going away. IMHO COL McMaster may do more good by staying the course and hopefully the next board will rectify what the last two blew. He is the type of operator / leader / scholar that the Army, and the entire DoD for that matter, can ill afford to lose - in uniform - not out.

Stay safe and best regards!
    Last edited by SWJED; 07-25-2007 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SWJED View Post
    SOLIC is Special Operations / Low Intensity Conflict. We call the later Small Wars around these parts.d

If there happened to be a somebody in that area and can point me to some resources I'd really be happy.. SOLIC with the emphasis on LIC is something I'm intensely interested in.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by selil View Post
    If there happened to be a somebody in that area and can point me to some resources I'd really be happy.. SOLIC with the emphasis on LIC is something I'm intensely interested in.
    Welcome to Special Operations and Low-Intensity Conflict (SO/LIC) Web Site

Assistant Secretary of Defense for Special Operations and Low-Intensity Conflict (ASD(SO/LIC))
    Pursuant to Section 138(b)(4) of reference (a) and the authority vested in the Secretary of Defense by Section 113 of reference (a), this Directive establishes the position of the ASD(SO/LIC) with the responsibilities, functions, relationships, and authorities, as prescribed herein, and replaces references (b) and (c)......
    The above is the '95 directive revising the position; it superseded the original from '88, so its no longer available on the DoD Directives page.