Thread: Leeroy Jenkins and the American way of advising

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The video is so funny because he chose the worst imaginable place to be uncooperative and overly aggressive. A single player can 'wipe' (kill) his whole team in that place because that place requires maximum discipline. A single wrong step can kill the whole team.

I think that's a poor analogy for advising because a single poor adviser doesn't have that great secondary effect.

The use of the Leeroy Jenkins character in the original text of that Captain was a work of genius, though. It guaranteed a high level of attention.

Banned

This may be a little off topic but useful none the less. Another gaming analogy to consider. This youtube clip features a hacker using a soundboard to mimic the player in this game who is responsible for giving out strike orders. It is a good example of disruption and its effect on group cohesion. The first 2.30 is good to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN5nrRdZpfU

"Time's up. Leeeeeeeerooy Jenkins"
    Last edited by Taiko; 08-20-2009 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuchs View Post
    I think that's a poor analogy for advising because a single poor adviser doesn't have that great secondary effect.
    I'd beg to differ, based off what I've seen. Especially if said advisor is the MiTT chief.
    Sir, what the hell are we doing?

The State of Partachia, at the eastern end of the Mediterranean

Personally, I'm all for a few more Leeeeeerrrrooy Jenkins and a little less ".33 repeating of course.. Pretty good plan... Oh my g@d! Stick to the plan!"

No plan survives the orders process and work within the chaos, not against it!
    Infinity Journal "I don't care if this works in practice. I want to see it work in theory!"

- The job of the British Army out here is to kill or capture Communist Terrorists in Malaya.
    - If we can double the ratio of kills per contact, we will soon put an end to the shooting in Malaya.
    Sir Gerald Templer, foreword to the "Conduct of Anti-Terrorist Operations in Malaya," 1958 Edition