Quote Originally Posted by Bob's World View Post
Did we learn nothing? I know I've recommended it before on here, but the book on Crazy Horse and Custer does a great job of highlighting this policy in a way one can't help but see the parallels to our current policies. I sincerely doubt that is the hidden intent of the book, just a simple reality of how our GWOT policy is much like our Indian policy. "Clear-Hold-Build" sounds a lot like manifest destiny if you stop and think about it... Get rid of the renegade indians, secure the settlers and LOCs, build towns and subdue nature to our will. Ahh, civilization.

My suggestion would be to have a team develop an alternative COA that does not look like our past Indian policy.

We did learn a little bit at least in the South. The modern policy of giving Indian tribes certain Economic advantages and then let them run with it under a tribal government works very well at least in Florida and Alabama.

Bob's World, from where you are you should check out the Seminole tibes of South Florida, very interesting stuff going on with them.