Following up on the interpreter who told me he was going to explain more about Djinn - his brother was telling me about his experiences while we were visiting one of the big US FOBs. Another of our interpreters was also with us who is Yizidi. I had thought Djinn was pretty much an Islamic belief, but it our Yizidi interpreter told me they are real as well. We went through several stories of houses occupied by good and bad Djinn, and of honking the horn on certain roads so that they could avoid running over a Djinn. We've got a pretty diverse team of soldiers and they were not sure what to make of all this - they'd just kind of assumed besides the obvious Muslim, ethnic and cultural differences they's seen it all - that the teams's interpreters were telling them they absolutely believed in the supernatural was kind of a shocker for them.

I related the story of the urban legend email that went around about the former soldier in the comparative religion class where the professor defies God to strike him down - the former soldier gets up and breaks the professor's nose and says "God told me to break your nose"! He said he'd strike you down next time though. The Holy Spirit comparrison only worked on the Assemblies of God guy - all the rest had no real comparrison.

Marc, I'm still tracking down someone who can tell me about the story of the Green man and Moses.

Regards, Rob