Thread: Dr. Lani Kass

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Ken, thank you for your reply.

Henry Kissinger - arrived as a Fifteen year old.

Madeleine Albright - arrived as an Eleven year old.

Gen. John Shalikashvili - arrived as a Sixteen year old.

All of them fled Europe with their family to start a new life in the United States. There is no question regarding conflicts of interest or loyalty, nor as far as I know, any interest in dual citizenship.

Dr. Lani Kass on the other hand, arrived in America by choice as a born, bred, educated and trained Israeli army major and a Twenty something and immediately began work in the national security and intelligence community.

I note that she has also taken care that her children were born in Israel.

It is axiomatic that Israeli interests and American interests diverge from time to time, if not permanently, as Gen. Petreaus demonstrated in his testimony before Congress.

Dr. Kass by definition as a dual citizen must face these conflicts of interests in her work, and no amount of mental gymnastics can make them go away.

If Giraldi's account of the meeting of Adm. Mullen and Gen. Petreaus is to be believed, then that, taken with her unmeasured and untrue pronouncements about Islam are suggestive of a deep and totally unmanaged conflict of interest regarding American policy towards Islamic nations and also Israel..

Needless to say, it is not in Americas interests that a highly placed advisor should have such conflicts, nor is it fair to the advisor, to not have such conflicts of interest openly declared and discussed, and steps taken to address the obvious risk to both parties. In the case of Dr. Kass, I fail to see how ths matter can be addressed. If she was advising about South America, maybe, but the Middle East? This is like putting Dracula in charge of the blood bank.

To put it another way, Ken; You want a Likudnik to give advice about Americas best interests to Adm. Mullen? You want I should ask what that advice should be about Iran? Sheesh!

P.S. These days I send my minions out to broaden horizons.
    Last edited by walrus; 04-22-2010 at 07:46 PM.