Thread: Russia, politics and power: internal & external(new title)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Azor..goes to what I have been repeatedly saying here.....collapse is now in slow motion and cannot be stopped regardless of what Putin does and or does not do...

Russia's brittle power, how overlooked domestic issues could come back to haunt Putin’s regime.
    http://wapo.st/2nh7qPF

The key is the ever increasing number of actual demonstrations being carried out almost daily throughout Russia over every thinkable reason....something totally new...some numbering in the low thousands some only one person....
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 03-26-2017 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Moved from Ukraine War thread as it fits here better.

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
    Azor..goes to what I have been repeatedly saying here.....collapse is now in slow motion and cannot be stopped regardless of what Putin does and or does not do...

Russia's brittle power, how overlooked domestic issues could come back to haunt Putin’s regime.
    http://wapo.st/2nh7qPF

The key is the ever increasing number of actual demonstrations being carried out almost daily throughout Russia over every thinkable reason....something totally new...some numbering in the low thousands some only one person....
    I wouldn't take Joss Meakins too seriously. He's a babe (literally, at 22-years old) in the woods as far as Russia is concerned. This is the same Washington Post that shrilly decried how Russia had inserted an agent or "Siberian Candidate" into the White House and was about to smash both the EU and NATO...

Reading WaPo for political insight is like reading the NYT for investment advice.

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW
    The key is the ever increasing number of actual demonstrations being carried out almost daily throughout Russia over every thinkable reason....something totally new...some numbering in the low thousands some only one person...
    This is more interesting to me. Do you have statistics or a heat map of these developments?

I would also bear in mind the following:

• It is terribly difficult to predict revolutions and analyses tend to rely on scant data
    • Successful revolutions (e.g. Romania and Poland in 1989, Russia in 1991) require a certain measure of key insider support and therefore can be construed as a combination of palace coup d'etat and popular revolution. Therefore, are public protests as important as developments at the "power ministries"?
    • What if Russia descends into the anarchy predicted in the early 1990s i.e. Eurasian warlords running amok with ICBMs (e.g. The Peacemaker, Air Force One, Crimson Tide, The Saint, Goldeneye, etc.)?
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 03-26-2017 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Moved from Ukraine War thread as it fits here better.

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azor View Post
    I wouldn't take Joss Meakins too seriously. He's a babe (literally, at 22-years old) in the woods as far as Russia is concerned. This is the same Washington Post that shrilly decried how Russia had inserted an agent or "Siberian Candidate" into the White House and was about to smash both the EU and NATO...

Reading WaPo for political insight is like reading the NYT for investment advice.

This is more interesting to me. Do you have statistics or a heat map of these developments?

I would also bear in mind the following:

• It is terribly difficult to predict revolutions and analyses tend to rely on scant data
    • Successful revolutions (e.g. Romania and Poland in 1989, Russia in 1991) require a certain measure of key insider support and therefore can be construed as a combination of palace coup d'etat and popular revolution. Therefore, are public protests as important as developments at the "power ministries"?
    • What if Russia descends into the anarchy predicted in the early 1990s i.e. Eurasian warlords running amok with ICBMs (e.g. The Peacemaker, Air Force One, Crimson Tide, The Saint, Goldeneye, etc.)?
    Azor...the demos have been interesting me as well...will start tracking and posting each as they are reported....especially the areas where they occur....
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 03-26-2017 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Moved from Ukraine War thread as it fits here better.