Thread: In The USA: the Next Revolution

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

FUCHS - your stimulis is not the same as Obama's stimulis.

His stimulis cost 887 Billion dollars. Your post on tax rebates is a stimulis that was sent out to taxpayers to invogorate the economy. $250.00 per taxpayer. The TARP Bill on 2008 was money loaned to Banks to stabilize the US Banking industry. It worked and the majority of those banks who were helped by TARP have paid back their loans with interest.

The STIMULIS BILL President Obama signed into law was supposed to generate jobs, and reduce unemployment. IT did neither. Wasted money and a 9.8% unemployment was one of the reasons the Republicans won the House majority last November. That and the rammed thru Health Care Bill that Nancy Pelosi said thise famouse words. "Now that the health care bill is passed we all can read it and see what's in it."

Not a single republican congressman or senator voted for the Health Care Bill. That bill has be ruled a unconstitutional by a federal judge.
    The House is in the process of defunding that Trillion dollar boondoggle.

That one has a huge tax break as well.

The measures are nominally worth $787 billion. The Act includes federal tax incentives, expansion of unemployment benefits and other social welfare provisions, and domestic spending in education, health care, and infrastructure, including the energy sector.
    Tax incentives

Total: $288 billion
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stimulus_bill

This means that

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    The Stimulis has only spnt a third of the final funding, the rest is being held in a slush fund by the Dems.
    is still wrong. 1/3 was tax 'incentives', already as much as was supposedly 'spent' total according to you. If you were right, not a single dime would have been actually spent so far. That's certainly untrue. I didn't even need to dig out the actual spending figures to see this.

Council Member

I'll just let you believe what you believe. I see there isn't a whole lot of wiggle in your position. Enjoy the weekend. It's 40 degrees F here in NJ and the forcast is for heavy rain and winds up to 50 mph tonight.

It might just flush or melt allthe snow. We haven't seen grass since Christmas.

slapout,

I do fish and can tell tall tales about the time I was a bonifide Texas Snow Goose Guide on the Rice Prarie near Eagle Lake. Those LA gunners always took a double look when they heard my NY City accent.

Y'all have a good weekend.

I was a bonifide Texas Snow Goose Guide on the Rice Prarie near Eagle Lake. Those LA gunners always took a double look when they heard my NY City accent.

Y'all have a good weekend.
    Oh I gotta here that story! 70 degrees with Sunshine here.

Council Member

Whenever a coonass asked what the hell is a NY City Yankee doing Goose Guiding in Texas, I politely remarked -"I'm down her to teach you people how to shoot!"

When the fool axe'd "What the hell do you mean by that?"

I reminded him that "You did lose that war, and my Gread Grand Daddy was a Sgt. In the 88th Infantry of the NY Vols. "Irish Brigade"!

At about that time my ponyo, Charles W.Stephens, III a.k.a. "Porkey"
    would step in and advise the guys from Hackberry, LA that I cam from good stock!

We all sat an giggled at each other over a second helping of grits with a little straberry preserve mixed in with a dash of pepper, salt and a dash of Cayanne pepper sauce.

When I get to Slap Out, AL I'll buy you the first round, and tell y'all about Porkey!

His Momma's family owned the power company in Little Rock and he and I were Recon Squad leaders in 2nd Recon Bn, 2nd Mar. Div. early in the 1960's. Porkey did a little bidness at the Bay of Pigs.

Semper Fi Brother . I'll let you know when I'm commin!
    Last edited by RJ; 02-27-2011 at 05:34 AM.

When I get to Slap Out, AL I'll buy you the first round, and tell y'all about Porkey!
    His Momma's family owned the power company in Little Rock and he and I were Recon Squad leaders in 2nd Recon Bn, 2nd Mar. Div. early in the 1960's. Porkey did a little bidness at the Bay of Pigs.
    Sounds good. Never can tell I might know Porkey or he may know some of my Kin folks.

Link to post on another thread about food,energy and security. This is the type of revolution that may be coming our way doesn't have anything to do with Reps or Dems or Budgets or religion or Beliefs of any kind. It is simply going to be about physical resources for survival and what happens when you can't afford it or can't get itpeople will fight.

http://council.smallwarsjournal.com/...&postcount=120

It's been nearly 80 years since the U.S. stopped using gold coins as legal currency, and nearly 40 since the world abandoned the gold standard, but the precious metal could be making a comeback in the United States -- beginning in Utah.

The Utah House was to vote as early as Thursday on legislation that would recognize gold and silver coins issued by the federal government as legal currency in the state. The coins would not replace the current paper currency but would be used and accepted voluntarily as an alternative.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...-silver-coins/
    A scrimmage in a Border Station
    A canter down some dark defile
    Two thousand pounds of education
    Drops to a ten-rupee jezail

http://i.imgur.com/IPT1uLH.jpg