Let’s return to the statement.

The Progressive Change Campaign Committee said Walker "threatened to call out the National Guard if workers protest against these cuts!" The governor spoke of possibly calling up the Guard if state workers didn’t show up for work, but he made no reference to using it in response to protests. And certainly none that would suggest the Guard is authorized to use force to impose anything on state workers.

We rate the claim Pants on Fire.
MJS' analysis is more than a little disingenuous. One doesn't--one can't, it's simply not possible--casually and innocently bring up the National Guard in conjunction with protests. Nobody with a lick of education can fail to make the connection to past unpleasantness, which makes it hard to see Walker's statements as anything but a carefully veiled threat. Yes, he certainly did make sure to cover his ass; he didn't come out and say that he'd use the NG to break up riots, and I'd even be willing to extend him the benefit of the doubt and say he probably doesn't intend to do so. I don't think it's possible for him to have missed the threat his message carried, though, and therefore I don't think there's any possibility that the threat wasn't intended.