Thread: In The USA: the Next Revolution

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

FUCHS - most of the bank bailout money signed by Bush II has been paid back by the banks with interest.

The Stimulis has only spnt a third of the final funding, the rest is being held in a slush fund by the Dems. They lost the House of Representatives last November and that is the portion of our government that authorized the expenditure of money.
    I see signs that the Senate will be voting on the reduction of cost along the lines of the cost cutting vote in the House of Reps. If passed Obama has the power to veto it. Then the question will be, does he have the guts to do it! Vetos can be over turned by Congress and the People are engaged and mad at the wild spending spree they have seen in the past two years.

The more they see the costs and the restrictions in the Health Care Bill and the fact that most of the stimulis money spent so far has been to bolster the public union employees while thousands if not millions of other citizens are losing they homes to forclosure and million of private sector jobs have been lost, the stronger the pressure will be to stop the spending, reduce the size of government and generate jobs.

The government is broke. State and Federal spending must be slowed down. Less taxes across the board and a common sense look at the thousands of regulations that have been added to the burden of the private sector have to be eleminated.

Gentlemen, If you can get a transcript of Gov. Christie's Budget Speech
    on Tuesday, I suggest you read it word for word. It is a blueprint for turning NJ around and setting it on a different course.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    FUCHS - most of the bank bailout money signed by Bush II has been paid back by the banks with interest.

The Stimulis has only spnt a third of the final funding, the rest is being held in a slush fund by the Dems. They lost the House of Representatives last November and that is the portion of our government that authorized the expenditure of money.
    The real bailout wasn't the official one, but the free money from the Fed that was given to the banks, deposited by the banks at the Fed and Fed pays interest on it. It's a gift and it's substantial in size (but can be cancelled quite quickly).

The Stimulus was in part about tax rebates.

RJ, they haven't paid back anything and probably never will. Listen to Karl Denninger on what really happened. The clip is from DEC 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDXVH...eature=related

Council Member

Fuchs - I hate to break it to you but your reference is not the Stimulis Bill that President Obama and the democrat controlled congress push thru in 2009.

Your reference is the a tax rebate bill that has nothing to do with the TARP Bill that was signed by President Bush in the last 3 months of his 2nd term. We all received $250.00 to invigorate the economy on the bill you are referencing. It was proposed and voted on during the months before the 2008, November Election. Senator Obama voted for the the bill you referenced. The money in that bill was loaned to the Banks and almost all of the loans ahave been repaid by the banks, and the TARP Bill while he was still running for the Presidency.

The Stimuluis Bill signed by Obama is larger than the TARP Bill and it had not payback provisions in it. That's what the noise in my country is all about.

Every republican member of Congress voted against that bill and only 3 republican senators voted for the Obama bill.

No wonder your posts seems out of step with the situation. You have been using the wrong intelligene source.

You need to read the information on The American Recovery and Reinvestmet Act of 2009. It was signed by President Obama on Feb. 18, 2009. $887 billion dollars.
    Last edited by RJ; 02-25-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Council Member

slapout, you rascal! Very Funny! I hope you know who doesn't latch on to that performance and think it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    slapout, you rascal! Very Funny! I hope you know who doesn't latch on to that performance and think it is true.
    Is it the guy who had a Mo-Town party in the WH last night

@RJ: You mentioned bailout and stimulus; TARP is bailout, but stimulus is what I wrote about.

I separated both with two empty lines, for both were very different things (and in my opinion both were poor ideas).

Council Member

FUCHS - your stimulis is not the same as Obama's stimulis.

His stimulis cost 887 Billion dollars. Your post on tax rebates is a stimulis that was sent out to taxpayers to invogorate the economy. $250.00 per taxpayer. The TARP Bill on 2008 was money loaned to Banks to stabilize the US Banking industry. It worked and the majority of those banks who were helped by TARP have paid back their loans with interest.

The STIMULIS BILL President Obama signed into law was supposed to generate jobs, and reduce unemployment. IT did neither. Wasted money and a 9.8% unemployment was one of the reasons the Republicans won the House majority last November. That and the rammed thru Health Care Bill that Nancy Pelosi said thise famouse words. "Now that the health care bill is passed we all can read it and see what's in it."

Not a single republican congressman or senator voted for the Health Care Bill. That bill has be ruled a unconstitutional by a federal judge.
    The House is in the process of defunding that Trillion dollar boondoggle.