"Before we get too involved in who can pee the farthest"
said 120mm. He also said
"I put it down in the "even if it was forced upon those services, it was the natural result of ignoring/neglecting the future of conflict since 1989" category at the very least."
causing me to wonder if he was talking about DoD, the Army, the USAF or anyone else other than C. Krulak...

He also added
"...And the Army is not blameless, here. In fact, you won't finding me defending The Army as an institution."
I can agree with that...

Selil said:
"Oh, you don't have to believe me because the Air Force said it all first."
I think that's a dated document and the AF has fixed most of that. Last time the kid was in Afghanistan, he had a JTAC with his Platoon frequently and said the CAS was way better than his previous two tours in both theaters. I believe they're flooding the zone with JTACs and that many of the RAND recommendations have been or are being implemented

Umar Al-Mokhtar said:
"...more like better focus on the Nation's task at hand rather than advocating for future capabilities that have no application to the present situation."
Sounds good but I'm not sure the Marines are ready to dump the EAV, the Army to dump NLOS or the Navy ready to stop building Submarines. I suspect the respective Bosses realize that there's more going on in the world right now than the two big theaters; that it takes an excessively long time to develop and field new stuff and that there's no certainty in predicting war. We have the luxury to focus on the here and now; they do not.

He also said:
"USAF CAS is really good but Marine CAS is better (just as USAF air superiority has the edge over the Marines), so part of staying relevant to the fight is to learn from those who do it for a living."
True, good point. It also makes the point -- correctly -- that CAS is the primary mission of Marine Tac Air while it is a secondary mission for the USAF. AS, IMO, it should be and stay...

I agree with Umar on the C17s but realize that Congress is a part of the problem with that. As is Lockheed Martin.

I tend to agree with Hacksaw.