Thread: What is CQB?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jmm99 View Post
    Like John Keegan, I've never been in a battle; nor have I been close to a battle. So, to those who have, is this ATTP bullroar - or am I missing something ?
    Mike, at least you are asking the question... many powerful people - for that read congressmen and senators - have not either yet that does not stop them making far reaching decisions which have a major implication for soldiers on the battle field.

First thing that comes to mind is the 1978 US decision to unilaterally take flamethrowers out of their weapons arsenal. I can see the fire risk in areas where building are built with wood but in caves, bunkers and buildings they may well be just the trick. (Not at all concerned about the "horrific" death they deliver as I would be more concerned about reducing own force casualties and noted that under demolitions three improvised incendiary devices are listed in the document.)

The comment that soldiers adapt is correct but one needs to bear in mind that this experience is purchased through the blood of soldiers.
    Last edited by JMA; 08-10-2012 at 06:52 AM.