Thread: Indians seize MV Seaman Guard Ohio

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default Hmmm....

Again, on the AdvanFort site:

That tale—as told by others—appears to be critical to understanding the current situation involving the
    MV OHIO.

The vessel, whose crew included eight Indians, was intercepted and detained by the Indian Coast Guard
    east of Tuticorin on Saturday following an anonymous accusation that the OHIO illegally carried arms and ammunition, as well as had purchased 1,500 litres of diesel “illegally” with the help of a local shipping agent.
    From Oct. 19th press release. It's a bit strange, talking now about the "nebulous" nature of things:

Unfortunately for private maritime security companies (PMSCs), as The Hindu just pointed out, the incident involving the MV OHIO “has exposed a ‘nebulous area’ in the legality of the rapidly growing
    practice.”

http://www.advanfort.com/MV%20OHIO%2...ed%20twice.pdf

What really happened? Is this a case where multiple points of view have validity because we are dealing with(sorry for this) uncharted legal and international norms waters?

Lawyers lurking and reading? Help out.
    Last edited by Madhu; 10-20-2013 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Added last three sentences
    “I am practicing being kind instead of right” - Matthew Quick, The Silver Linings Playbook

"Throughout the world sounds one long cry from the heart of the artist: Give me the chance to do my very best." - Babette's Feast