Quote Originally Posted by HeavyRecon View Post
I myself had an ACOG, but found it very difficult to bring it on target in CQB fights. I switched to the M68, which I found requires less thinking on my part. I can shoot it like it is intended to, with both eyes open. I don't like the battery part, but I don't have a problem receiving them through supply channels. Aimpoint changed their circuitry and according to their website the new M68 lasts 8 years on a single battery. Sounds like a stretch, but the Army would love to switch to these considering the amount of money they spend in batteries in any given fiscal year.
I loved my M68. I couldn't drill at a distance like the ACOG allowed, but *DAMN* I was dead on everything at 250m and below. Like you said, I liked being able to use both eyes open, and I had soldiers trained to do the long range stuff. My RTO/PSD had an ACOG to balance me out. He was a gun nut anyway. Company CO's need to be thinking rather than shooting for the most part.

The other advantage on the M68 (we tested it and proved it) is that at 250m and below it is zeroed for anyone who places the red dot - it isn't sight picture dependant like iron sights. Useful when someone needs to hotseat a weapon for some reason.

The thread is correct - M68's and ACOG's are great equipment, and I never had one go out. Of course, I changed the batteries every month, just in case.