Quote Originally Posted by AmericanPride View Post
It seems to me from her article, and my understanding of the dozen or so women who have attempted IOC, that she accepts that answer. But that 12 women failed one course is not indicative of all women failing all combat arms courses for all time.
Haha. Well, she should accept that answer, because it's the truth. It is also why, IMO, you're much better off fighting your crusade in a younger demographic of women. Stipulating that the various research you've posted in this thread has any real merit at all (of which I'm somewhat dubious), the way to correct the problem is not when the women are already adults; it's too late by then. Their formative years have been spent in less competitive environments, so they haven't mentally and physically developed to be on an even playing field. If they had... I'd still argue that it would take generations to "fix," but they would certainly be in a better position to be on a level playing field by the time they were adults.

As for the 12 failures (I think it's actually 14), no, it's not indicative of that. However, it's not encouraging that it's a 100% failure rate on the first day of a 13 week-long school, in an event which is not among the five toughest events at said school.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanPride View Post
Did she quit because she was a woman?
Since the only reason I can think of for you asking me this question, in context of what you quoted, is that you're trolling me, I'm going to bid you farewell AP. It's not all you; I've got a deadline for something coming up anyway.

Thanks all for the banter, it's been interesting...