Quote Originally Posted by carl
But physical strength isn't the most important reasons that women should not be in combat units. The most important reasons are social.
Thank you for finally admitting that the problem is social and therefore subject to change by policy.

Your remaining points are humorous at best and very paternalistic. Women shouldn't be allowed into combat arms because female deserters will get pregnant to avoid getting shot? And because people shouldn't pick on girls? So therefore we should exclude all women from combat arms? I thought we were talking about war, not grade school.

Quote Originally Posted by former
Bottom line, she wasn't prepared to do without. If her male peers were better prepared for it, it wasn't because of what the Marine Corps had asked them to do for the previous six months.
It seems to me from her article, and my understanding of the dozen or so women who have attempted IOC, that she accepts that answer. But that 12 women failed one course is not indicative of all women failing all combat arms courses for all time.

Quote Originally Posted by former
Yep. Read it the day it was published. She quit. I don't care why she quit. She quit.
Did she quit because she was a woman?