Hey Ken !

Quote Originally Posted by Ken White View Post
Just because I'm the only one here whose clothing record documents the issue of a "Fig Leaf, Winter Service, Green"...
Actually, I think Goesh has you beat when he pinned Christ's E-4 stripes on What, no Olive Drab back then ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken White View Post
Heh. Even as long ago as when I was in Tehran the common complaint from the Iraniha who applied was that they could get a UK Visa in three days with two signatures and a US Visa took weeks and four signatures. Bureaucracy r us.
Precisely ! Your point is just what I wanted to hear. The US Visa denial record here in the 90s was so abysmal, that Estonians and Russians were trying to apply in Canada and Finland (although that doesn't work well without a registered domicile (there)).

I wish it was that easy to say Bureaucracy was at fault. Fact is, the Consular is often the most junior officer with exactly 0.0001 days of time in service. With his/her departure for the first post, the riot act from not only State, but INS is read. Zero Tolerance...Fear Factor at post is then amplified to plus 10.

I might add that this situation involves a friendly nation

If the FSO is lazy and let's the FSN do the brunt of duties processing the visa, there's more than enough room for error and/or Slippin and a Sliding

Regards, Stan