Thread: Question about online certificate programs...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Question about online certificate programs...

Hello all, 2nd post... I was told this might be a good place to ask. I am probably deploying this summer and would like to take a class or two online while I'm downrange. My long term goal is to get a Masters in Intelligence/National Security or (preferably) economics. I've knocked out most (if not all) prerequisites for an MBA, but am probably changing my vector. So... I am studying for the GRE right now, but don't plan on applying for a full-up Masters program until I can attend, a$$-in-seat (I prefer that to the online stuff). That said, there looks like a decent number of online certificate programs out there, and that might be the way to go for the short term. I've looked at the Bush School at A&M, Thunderbird, The Institute of World Politics, GWU, Maryland, Tufts, and of course, AMU.

Do any of you see a lot of Masters programs accepting transfer credits earned in Certificate Programs? And I've found little, to no useful avenue for online economics programs... so are there any recommendations there? I've already read much on hear about AMU and Norwich, so of the others above, what do you think about those schools online resources? Thanks.
    Last edited by Oscar98; 02-24-2008 at 05:37 AM.