Thread: Question about online certificate programs...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Awesome. Good info... I think (time allowing) I will still try to complete one of these certificate programs, hoping at best to transfer one or two classes for credit (if I don't choose economics). Best I can tell, to pursue the economics track I have to go to school full time. It will be a few years before I can do that.

So, to take this in a follow-on direction, I've read a lot on here about AMU and Norwich's online programs. Does anyone have any gouge on Tufts, the Bush School, Thunderbird, The Intitute of World Politics, and GWU? The goal here for me is "focused" education, and not necessarily resume building. I can research the costs on my own, so a few questions I'm considering:

- Which schools' online programs are more marketable to the defense/intel community, whether that's as a civil servant or a contractor?
    - Which have the best interaction with professors/students through live chat, discussion forums?
    - (I don't mind working, so...) who will teach me the most (obviously this would be very subjective)!
    - If you were in any of these programs, was the cost worth it? I'll be paying out of my own pockets.

Like someone else stated about themselves in one thread, I'm all over the place in my own personal pursuit of knowledge. One day I'm reading a book on economics. The next week I'm reading about Constantine. Then, talk to me in a month and I'm reading about military strategy. I could use some focus!

Thanks in advance... If you'd rather talk off-line, PM will do fine.
    Last edited by Oscar98; 02-25-2008 at 02:14 AM.
    I can't help myself... I still love the AMRAAM.