Thread: Public Opinion in the Islamic World on Terrorism

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Former Member George L. Singleton's Avatar

Default Differences are vast

Bob, I like your history lectures as was history major myself.

My "guerialla" thinking, humerously but factually true, I guess flows down from my ancestral cousin, Colonel John Singleton Mosby, CSA, known as the Grey Ghost and at least formerly taught to have been "a" father of guerilla warefare at West Point, even though Mosby never set foot there.

Seriously, Islam is it's own culture, it's own governance system, and has nothing democratic about it. We are not going to change a billion Muslims lifelong imbued theology with my or your views.

But, as regards this site, the SWJ, yes, you do good for those who take the time to read and understand your highminded idealism.

The fact that we disagree as applied to Afghanistan, Paksitan, etc. is yet another matter in my book. But, I respect your right to express your views and you have done and are doing some good by same.

Thus, your Quaker origins shine through constructively just as my wife's Christian Science background saves us many medical bills by her reliance, as Norman Vincent Peale said and wrote, on the "power of positive thinking."

Final Question that might best be addressed as a new thread: Does anyone think that NATO forces might soon be invited to come into to help salvage, as in save, the City of Peshawar and that part of Northern Pakistan, in conjunction with the Pak Army? Just a wild shot question which comes from some Pukhtuns who are in touch with me daily who "wish" such could and would happen. Talk about day dreaming, right?
    Last edited by George L. Singleton; 02-23-2009 at 12:46 AM.