Thread: Public Opinion in the Islamic World on Terrorism

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Former Member George L. Singleton's Avatar

We only find insurgency to be illegal when the populace exercising this duty and right is doing so against us or an ally. That is a hard position to justify, unless we are willing to nullify the Declaration first. And that, would be cause for insurgency indeed.
    Since when do you we give US citizenship status to foreign terrorists [which term I do use as it is accurate, despite academic asides] in order to then give them the "benefits" of US citizens?

This is absurd on it's face, and it looks to me [my view, again] that some here are pandering to what they may think to be "political correctness."

Summary court martials in the field with executions would stop more, not fewer, repeat murders and attacks by the same terrorists, my view again here.

It is historic fact, not rumor, that the US Congress bipartisanly pursued, and subsequently the UN, too, the old Taliban regime in Kabul to surrender up bin Laden and his fellow terrorist thugs, and yes, I still think the term Islamo-Fascists fits them quite well, but due to the guise and excuse of "Muslim hospitality" owed to fellow Muslims, the old Taliban governemnt of Afghanistan refused our demands. Of course all this was predicated against the fresh event of 9/11.

What you are defiant of is the fact that this is a religion driven form of terrorism, which the terrorists advertise daily but some here in the West want to "pretend" it just "ain't" so...but it is. Closing girls, and even some boys schools "in the name of religion." Killing other Muslims who are not of the stripe of what many of us know now as the form of Wahabbi Islam. Arab Islamic terrorists, infecting via their funding of later day radical Islamic madrassahs, not to be confused with just plain madrassahs in days of yore.

Pakistan has it's hand full, but I will offer a compliment to former President Musharraf who had the backbone to police up the red madrassah in Islamabad, which we all recall was a weeks long hot fight in the capital city.

As for President Kharzi, he is a Pukhtun who is also a former Taliban, and as such was a member of the Taliban Cabinet that allowed bin Laden to come in, have sanctuary, and foster his evil plots and deeds from insiide Afghanistan.

You may want to think about President Kharzai in view of circulating stories that he has paid cash for and now owns 6 Pizza Hut franchised restaurants in the Atlanta area, where word has it he would or will "retreat to" when he has to "leave office."

For my part, I wouldn't mind seeing a return to the king dynasty in Afghanistan, which was no worse than we have today in Jordan. I like the system which works in Jordan and wouldn't mind that system, a kingdom with a parliament, be installed, again, in Afghanistan.
    Last edited by George L. Singleton; 02-22-2009 at 10:24 PM.