Thread: Coin and counterdrug ops

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan6 View Post
    ALCON,
    I've heard the Columbians have a very successful amnesty and reintegration program for former FARC members. Does anyone have any information on this program? Thanks.
    Consolidating Disarmament: Lessons from Colombia’s Reintegration Program for Demobilized Paramilitaries

Individual demobilization and reintegration process in Colombia: implementation, challenges and former combatants’ perspectives

A new start, an open end. The reintegration of individual demobilized combatants in Colombia

Demobilisation of female ex-combatants in Colombia

Business and Reintegration: Cases, experiences and lessons

These last three are all by Kimberly Theidon, a Harvard anthropologist, who's churned out some on the topic in the past few years (although she does repeat herself a bit):

Transitional Subjects: The Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration of Former Combatants in Colombia

Reconstructing Masculinities: The Disarmament, Demobilization, and Reintegration of Former Combatants in Colombia

Transitional Justice in Times of Conflict: Colombia's Ley de Justica y Paz

There's also Demobilization of Paramilitaries in Colombia: Transformation or Transition? in the June 2008 issue of Studies in Conflict and Terrorism - but full text is not available for linkage online.

Finally, not specifically focused on FARC and Colombia, but if you haven't seen it before you may find it useful:

Disarmament Demobilisation and Reintegration: A Practical Field and Classroom Guide

Default Thanks

Thanks to everyone so far. I have a lot of reading to do. Time to fire up the coffee pot and go to Staff Ranger School. I'm sure I'll be back asking for more ideas or sources.
    "Mono Labe"

John Dethlefs

Default About to

bite this bullet OCONUS. How in the hell does one keep up with what authorities are still in effect? Have been changed? etc....

After having read through about 6 National Defense Authorization Acts Title 10, Subtitle C in some and Subtitle E in others, I think I would rather have a car battery attached to my testicles than have to read anymore of that bull*hit.....

Additionally could use some help on the whole counter narco training development.
    ODB

Exchange with an Iraqi soldier during FID:

Why did you not clear your corner?

Because we are on a base and it is secure.