http://world.myjoyonline.com/pages/n...1205/85879.php

Meanwhile former Defence Minister, Gen. Theophilus Danjuma (rtd), yesterday, took a critical look at the heightened insecurity in Nigeria and concluded that the nation is on fire and tending towards the Somalia experience.

Gen. Danjuma who rarely comments on political issues warned at the 50th birthday anniversary of the publisher of Leadership newspaper, Mr. Sam Nda-Isaiah, in Abuja, that the process of becoming like Somalia has started in Nigeria and that firm measures must be taken in the immediate to halt it.

His words: “I used to tell myself that we shall muddle through but believe me, in the last two months, I began to wonder – our house is on fire. Nigeria is becoming like Somalia. The Somaliasation of our country is going on now. We have to sit down and tell ourselves the truth. Our house is on fire, let us not deceive ourselves. We must tell ourselves the truth”.
When the Defense Minister speaks honestly in such a vain, it seems he has about used up all of his options and has seen not change. This is a very pessimistic statement - a sign of real trouble.