Thread: Terrorism in the USA:threat & response

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by slap
    This is pure NYT PC Propaganda and it is nothing but an attack on our Constitution
    The Constitution is not a suicide pact.

Quote Originally Posted by slap
    most are black on black!!!!
    (1) This is not true and (2) even if it were, how would that diminish the importance of mitigating gun violence?

Speaking of raw data:

- the most efficient terrorist attacks are those perpetrated with guns. Bombs sometimes fail to explode. Guns almost always function. Of 236 terrorist attacks or attempted attacks in the U.S. between 2001 - 2013, 63 were perpetrated by individuals acting alone. 36 people were killed in those attacks; 32 by firearms.

- the closer you are to guns, the more likely you to be killed by them; hence, the majority of suicides and homicides conducted by firearms. The proximity of firearms leads to higher risk of death by homicide or suicide.

- handguns are the most common firearm used in homicides and suicides.

- 36.8% of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty between 2005 - 2014 were killed by firearms.

- how many mass shootings have been stopped by the 'good guy with gun' theory? Trained law enforcement officers struggle to hit their target 30% (I think it's closer to 20%) of the time in shooting incidents - how do you think the average joe will fare?

The fact that more attacks like San Bernandino do not happen is probably a function of potential terrorist attackers failing to understand just how vulnerable America is to gun violence. Want to throw America in a frenzy? Every day for a week, a separate lone attacker armed with a gun targets a school, hospital, movie theater, and other soft targets in different parts of the country.
    Last edited by AmericanPride; 12-08-2015 at 03:11 PM.
    When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles. - Louis Veuillot