Quote Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
I know I'm late to the discussion and the product is briefed (ergo most likely OBE)...

Can't agree with BW more... and essentially I think the big missing node in your diagram is Coalition Operations (because as BW says, the nature of our actions has an information quality all their own... and is far more important) and unless the communications and operations planning/execution are intrinsicly linked and coherent... there is no amount of STRATCOM/Messaging/Perception Shaping you can do to overcome that incongruency...

I think that has been the real purpose of the COIN guidance that Petraeus and subsequently McCrystal and Odierno published...

Best of luck working with "Design"....
It is in our final as attached in my second post above ... the big black line which when I brief is the major point of emphasis ... all the words in the world matter little if what the Afghans see doesn't match.

Thanks all for your help. Briefing a 3-star today so I'll let you know how it goes.

And as for design ... I'm the monkey that gets to tell him the concept is great if the design team transitions to become the plans team. We're still yet to work out how to effectively transfer all the knowledge the design team accumulates if we have to H/O to another group. In my gut design has just become what the IPB and MA should always have been but … I’m just a simple guy.