Quote Originally Posted by Bob's World View Post
Who was most productive today? Who was most effective today? What do we do more of? What do we do less of? How do I convince conventional commanders to allocate critcal enablers to one form of engagement over another?
I'm pretty sure that varies a great deal depending on whether the location and overall relevance of those IEDS was critical, nice or unimportant and if the weapons of those' insurgents' were obtained and how well their deaths can be exploited; whether the cache was significant and/or the snatch was worthwhile (and the snatchees can be exploited); and whether the meeting and MedCap were in a critical or humdrum area.

IOW, the factors of METT-TC apply as they pretty much do in all wars. Importance and productivity vary from day to day and each type operation can range from unnecessary to deadly to so-so to good work to super important. That's war for you...

Frustrating, isn't it?
I have a counterpart who reads the "scorecard" to the commander every morning. No one ever asks what it means.
That could mean they're all self explanatory or self evident -- or that those items are irrelevant. Either way, sounds awfully bureaucratic to me. What do you report on those days when there is nothing to report?
How does that go, "you sell the sizzle, not the steak?" That's fine. But never forget you will quickly starve eating nothing but sizzle. But boy, to people love sizzle.
I'm not sure if that's a metaphor that insinuates that overrated DA is more glamorous than is the FID/SFA business which is really far more important but it seems like it might be. If it is, I agree.

Illegitimi non carborundum. Keep on pushing.