Quote Originally Posted by JMA View Post
In Rhodesia the RLI Fire Forces could not kill them fast enough, the cannon-fodder kept on coming. It was nice to know we were getting around 100 kills every six weeks (near then end) but what was the point if that made hardly a dent in their numbers.
Externals and internal kills had a significant effect on the Terrs. There only option was for a Libyan/Sino backed invasion, probably some time in 1982. That was why Lancaster House got up and running. The Rhodesians in some way still represent the COIN gold standard. Kill the enemy. All else is rubbish.
I do however like these kind of stats. In nine years in Malaya the Brit SAS kill 108 CTs out of an estimated 800 contacted in 280 contacts giving a kill rate of 13.5%. And a rate of a contact where kills were achieved at less than 38%.

From these stats the Brits would have (I'm sure... I hope) tried to figure out how to one, achieve kills in every contact, and two, to increase the kill rate per contact. On the other hand the CTs were probably figuring out the
opposite.
See the bottom of all my posts.

Surely the aim is to not let the enemy become battle hardened and combat experienced? The best tactics therefore must be those that achieve the highest kill rate, yes?
You are correct, but the US and UK Army do not want to focus on killing the enemy. Currently we are badly loosing our way.