Quote Originally Posted by TT View Post
Not sure yet what this absence means, beyond an apparent excising of the EBO/EBA terminology, for the British are (have been?) committed, last I heard to the Comprehensive Approach (another term for EBA) - as is NATO. EBA always made more sense to me, but as Cavguy says, and unfortunately I believe rightly so, the 'systems approach' types have not gone away.
Yes the CA is still here and is EBA. It is also substantially faulty and a mis-reading of the military instrument. EBA is also in the last copy ADP Land Ops that I have. It's about to have another "whizz bang" concept bolted on to it, which I am currently researching.

I have it on very good authority, that the current FM-3, though "rejecting" EBO has a lot of Systemic Operational Design, which based on what I have read recently is about as useful as a chocolate tea pot, and a rehash of the old estimate process. To quote from Fig 6, in the work I have been looking at -
"Learning porblemization" - if it's not correct English then best not to use it.