The MOST LRS we ever had in the US Army was a detachment of 4-6 (?) patrols/teams in each DIV/separate BDE, and a company of 18 (?) patrols in each Corps. I don't think this is anywhere near the ratio that would be required to execute Fuchs concept.

I'm not opposed to increasing the number of LRS elements, but I'm not sure they belong in the BCT. Heck, I can't see the utility of the 4 small mounted PLTs in the current BFSB, I think that we would be better off trading the force structure for a second (or larger) LRSC, maybe even putting a LRSC back in the DIV HHB. That would also allow us to eliminate the Recon SQDN HHT and FSC, a further savings (that could go back into the BCTs, or allow the addition of the required LRSC if we put one in each DIV). Ken or some others can speak better than I can about the # of LRS elements that can be effectively sustained in a given force structure- not every 11B is cut out to be a LRS guy, and I'd imagine that the LRS NCOs are even fewer. As a fire supporter, I'd like to see an FO on each team, if for nothing else than the ability to accurately call for precision fires, but I'm not sure that we can provide that many quality 13Fs.