Quote Originally Posted by jmm99 View Post
For JMA, a DD Form 398 is a Department of Defense Personnel Security Questionnaire (16 pages).

The Questionnaire for National Security Positions (SF-86) is similar, but is more inclusive. Love this section (of SF-86):

"Electronic correspondence" is not defined in the SF-86 form or instructions. Certainly email and PMs. What of posting to blogs, forums, etc. ? To whom are you "bound by affection, influence, and/or obligation".

Regards

Mike
Hey Mike,
Thanks for the memories and reminiscing

Bonds of Affection DIA & DIS called it. Got to love the 80s where we had to type that form beginning with your birth all over again (as if it had changed over the last 4 or 5 years ).

Back to what you and Sam are onto... I was questioned about a purported love letter sent to a secretary in the Swedish Embassy. Not that Swedes were off limits, but that I could have failed to note that relationship on the 398. How in creation information about my "note" to her ended up with DIS puzzles me to this day.

DIA would later relax things by saying one night stands do not fall under the Bonds of Affection category. Hence, one could now at gay abandon hump like rabbits, so long as you did it only once (with the same partner)

Regards, Stan