Quote Originally Posted by BushrangerCZ View Post
His finger on the trigger is the mistake, but he really is not shooting to the wall 50cm in front of him, he is just looking over the wall, with all respect Sir, it´s obvious.
Do modern sergeants make "mistakes" like that? Things are slipping.

With this attitude, you could cut off the sights at all, as Taliban fighters do sometimes. If you have ACOG, you can use it successfully also as an observation device. I am not going to discuss if it´s advantage or not. And yes, we have armourer, but there is no Sa58 recoil pad. Israelis do nice, cheap new stocks and that solves the problem, as they ship for free worldwide.
Perhaps I should say that I note that the line infantry units are tends to mimic and adopt the "special forces" way of doing things which in most cases is not a good idea for line infantry. I suggest that it is good to question what is going on around you rather than just go with the flow.

For example you may consider asking the question as to the point of having optics on weapons if they are used to improve individual observation but are seldom used in a contact (see a hundred examples on YouTube).

Second how many times have you heard on a YouTube clip a commander issuing a fire-control order? You suppress the enemy by winning the "fire fight" through laying down directed and controlled section fire into likely cover on their position.

I could go on.... sadly I see little evidence of the current crop of soldiers questioning, adapting and above all thinking about how better to close with and kill the enemy. Maybe it is because of a lack of depth in their training I don't know.