Sorry guys it was not my intention to ignore forum etiquette.

I am a civillian analyst currently working as a contractor for law enforcement.

Davidbfpo - thanks for the reply.

Fuchs - For what it's worth I agree with you,and perhaps ironically given my current profession, I am a big believer in personal privacy.

Slapout9 -Probably the best way to explain what I'm looking for is by giving an overview what I'm experiencing:

1) Reports (by analysts) that describe crimes/criminal groups, there is no "so what/now what" mindset.
2) A reluctance by middle and senior management to be more tactical in their approach, for example working with different units to develop a more detailed picture of the environment they are operating in.
3) Communication - we have had guys working different ends of the same case from the same office, and yet not realized this. I believe the challenge is getting officers comfortable that sharing information won't compromise their case/job security.

Basically I'd just appreciate hearing a different perspective,from what I've read so far on this forum there are folks from all kinds of backgrounds here on small wars, and I'm keen to learn from that.