Thread: The Ju Ju of War

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tom OC View Post
    I've often thought that the jihadists have an advantage over us because the socio-political expressions of their religious mantle are more consonant; i.e., their God is more warrior-like.
    Not according to the OT. This misguided theology that Jesus is (was) this noviolent pacifist is wrong. I've stated my beliefs here a few times, and another one is that God did not change from the OT to the new. (Christian pacifists really get on my nerves because they can't grasp this concept. We are to fight evil, not sit there and take it on the other cheek. Romans 13: "IF AT ALL POSSIBLE, live at peace with one another." I interpret that as "when it's not possible, fight back") Not getting into the theological reasons for his first coming (think sacrifice), but his second coming,according to some beliefs, is going to be quite a difference. (and a big shock to these pacifists)

The 'problem' with Christians is there are so many different interpretations out there. Muslims seem a little more united in their belief system, and I find that interesting. Marc says Christians make up 85-86% of the population. I don't doubt that, but how many are Catholics or JW's or Mormons, etc? I have vast differences with those three I mentioned.
    JMO.
    Last edited by skiguy; 09-25-2007 at 04:18 PM.