Quote Originally Posted by Russ Strong View Post
William,

With all respect, I must ask the one primary question that I posted this thread for: Why, in the middle of a war, with all the discussion of a changing battlespace and changing nature of war, are we not exploring all areas of potential in expanding our capabilities?
Because the "battle space," and the nature of war are not changing. People with an inadequate military knowledge and understanding, keep trying to suggest it is, but it clearly isn't. The idea that there is some "capability gap", is a pure myth. Gaps that do exist could be easily closed.

Your video is suggesting things as problems to be solved, when these things are not problems in the way you suggest.

I spend a great deal of time exploring how things can be done better and how the infantry can do better things.

JAKE may have some use. I can't tell because there simply is no proper specification or data that I can find to judge. (Weight, dimensions, power pack, mobility specs, 3D drawings, controls, materials etc.)

Soldiers are carrying too much because of poor technical and tactical equipment choices, combined with a lack of training and leadership. The last thing we need to do is to make it possible for them to carry more impedimenta. I predict, if JAKE ever enters service, it's weight will increase 50% in the first 18 months of operations, because folks always ask the wrong question.

I am the last man to discourage innovation, but I am pretty sticky when it comes to the military thought/science and doctrine that backs it up.