Thread: Who the Heck Did Invade Iraq?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default Hmmm

If my memory serves, which often it does but sometimes does not, Sanchez has the right five. The Australians, Poles and Danes, IIRC, all contributed SOF forces - each a couple or three hundred, but these numbers could be wrong. I think the Australians had a ship or two in the Gulf (not sure about this) but I have not the faintest whether the Danes and Poles had any ships deployed.

There were a fair number of various militaries in peripheral ‘support’. Anyone remember, in the early briefings by senior American officers talking about the ‘Coalition’, the poor Dutch officer in the background with his look of anguish as he just knew people were thinking the Dutch were part of the ‘Coalition’? (They weren’t, of course, they were providing Art 4 support to Turkey as the Dutch manned the Patriot batteries deployed there and the Dutch officer on backstage was the liaison officer.)

Not sure whether any Czech biochem units were deployed to Kuwait, just in case, but I seem to remember that the Germans sent some of their biochem people to Kuwait, so I would be surprised if the Czechs did not do so as well. And no, I am not offering any exculpating support to Feith for getting it wrong........

Selil posted
    I want to be the white house press secretary how am I doing?
    The knock you now hear on your door is the job offer - that, or it is the Cheney's irony police come to send you on a vacation in sunny Cuba.

Quote Originally Posted by TT View Post
    If my memory serves, which often it does but sometimes does not, Sanchez has the right five. The Australians, Poles and Danes, IIRC, all contributed SOF forces - each a couple or three hundred, but these numbers could be wrong. I think the Australians had a ship or two in the Gulf (not sure about this) but I have not the faintest whether the Danes and Poles had any ships deployed.

There were a fair number of various militaries in peripheral ‘support’. Anyone remember, in the early briefings by senior American officers talking about the ‘Coalition’, the poor Dutch officer in the background with his look of anguish as he just knew people were thinking the Dutch were part of the ‘Coalition’? (They weren’t, of course, they were providing Art 4 support to Turkey as the Dutch manned the Patriot batteries deployed there and the Dutch officer on backstage was the liaison officer.)

Not sure whether any Czech biochem units were deployed to Kuwait, just in case, but I seem to remember that the Germans sent some of their biochem people to Kuwait, so I would be surprised if the Czechs did not do so as well. And no, I am not offering any exculpating support to Feith for getting it wrong........

The knock you now hear on your door is the job offer - that, or it is the Cheney's irony police come to send you on a vacation in sunny Cuba.
    The Germans never entered Iraq. I drove past their parked vehicles at Camp Doha in April and May. The Czechs I don't know about.