Quote Originally Posted by Cavguy View Post
This should be a case study in CGSC (or for LTG Caldwell) of piss poor PAO operations.

WTF, let's send the major reporter out with a 1LT and a stressed out guard unit. Good idea.

*sigh*
I would not necessarily blame the PAO in this case unless he recommended approval this embed with the LT. Where was the chain of command? Whose chain of command is this LT and his HTT in? What message was the chain of command to whom this LT belongs trying to send? I think we all read what message was received? There are a lot of issues in this article. What was that HUMINT team all about? In the hard copy edition the guy was all kitted out and wearing BDUs so either it was not a recent photo or the guy was not Army (which might explain why he did not know that the Army has THTs tactical HUMINT teams which I do not think go around snatching villagers out of bed at night). And talk about sensational journalism: Did Steve Fondacaro really give an interview for 9 hours and after 7 hours got up, walked into a door, broke his jaw, and then continued to talk for 2 more hours? Just a few thoughts.