Thread: New Rules for New Enemies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sky Net Becomes Aware

Quote:
    Originally Posted by selil
    Where is the Renaisance man? The stove pipes of science are filled with the burned embers and sludge created by the fleeting careers of men who showed imagination and leadership. As the cogs of science turning and churning adapt the grist in the gears are those who think differently. The machinery of science and academia are melted together leaving those who would think differently outside the tower. So it was with Bill Gates, Bill Joy, and many others who adapted technology.

What poetry! The Renaisance man has been killed by the machinery of a science that makes us all into its own image. Then again, there are some ghosts in the machine
    I think I will go watch the Terminator series non-stop

Then I'll be back

Tom

PS Marc

I maintain Forrest Gump is the greatest philosphical expression of the 20th Century. Gary Senise as "Lt. Dan" signed my copy of the Wit and Wisdom of Forrest Gump. I mean who can compete with "Some people, like me, are born idiots, but many more become stupider as they go along,"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Odom View Post
    I think I will go watch the Terminator series non-stop

Then I'll be back
    But in what form

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Odom View Post
    PS Marc

I maintain Forrest Gump is the greatest philosphical expression of the 20th Century. Gary Senise as "Lt. Dan" signed my copy of the Wit and Wisdom of Forrest Gump. I mean who can compete with "Some people, like me, are born idiots, but many more become stupider as they go along,"?
    True, true. Maybe we should start assigning it.... Naw, it is too accurate <wry grin>. After all, we aren't allowed to talk about reality, only "Truth" . Of course, I could assign Tom Lehrer - always one of my favorite philosophetrs of the 20th century

Marc
    Sic Bisquitus Disintegrat...
    Marc W.D. Tyrrell, Ph.D.
    Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies,
    Senior Research Fellow,
    The Canadian Centre for Intelligence and Security Studies, NPSIA
    Carleton University
    http://marctyrrell.com/

Never start assigning things. That just gives "academics" more chances to ruin any learning possibilities that might exist within the material...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Blair View Post
    Never start assigning things. That just gives "academics" more chances to ruin any learning possibilities that might exist within the material...
    Darn! Good point... Mayeb soemthing along the lines of "Whatever you do, Don't listen to Tom Lehrer!"? Nah, half of them would take me seriously <wry grin>.

Marc
    Sic Bisquitus Disintegrat...
    Marc W.D. Tyrrell, Ph.D.
    Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies,
    Senior Research Fellow,
    The Canadian Centre for Intelligence and Security Studies, NPSIA
    Carleton University
    http://marctyrrell.com/