Drones and missiles have steered themselves for ages. The only novelty is that this one is navigating on a road instead of in the air.

It's a pretty pointless toy in my opinion.

EOD, smokelaying and some other activities (such as baiting in DEAD) are good applications for robots. Patrolling a perimeter isn't.
And I'm not particularly in favour of civilian robots either. I like them when they improve the competitiveness of companies against foreign competitors. I dislike them when they're merely replacing low-skilled workers in jobs that are not threatened by foreign workers (such as robots in retail shops for taking back recyclable bottles).

Their utility in the military should be seen objectively, not with a novelty factor that ain't one. Tech is not an end in itself and robots of all kinds add complexity and comm requirements that need to be justified.

I'm nevertheless thinking that the drone fashion (air, land and sea) is a fashion and a bubble. We had previous waves of this, including one during the 70's and 80's examples weren't exactly rare and 90's ... it's almost as with rail guns and useful nuclear fusion!