Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
Here's where I'm headed next week.

Day Four: The Biggest Tribe- Clearing the Village and taking Control

Day Five: Annihilation of the Opposition- Holding the Village

Day Six: Reconstruction at Gun-Point: Armed Nation-Building and the Build Phase

Day Seven: Transition- Conflict Resolution and moving to the Role of the Arbitrator

Day Eight: The Combat Advisor: FID. SFA, and the alternative, indirect approach- One Tribe at a Time

Day Nine: The Intangables: Three Cups of Tea, Winning Friends and Influencing People, and Peace Corps ####

Day Ten: Having a Life/Going Home before 2100- Resetting, Rebuilding, and Revamping our Army in a time of war: Working through injuries, grief, training the next breed, and new commanders.

Hi Mike, I run these type of courses but for the British Army. I deliver to all units types mainly to fit with their training programme but, as with many units, they go with my recommendations! I go in initially with a two day package (full days 0830 - 1630). The package, whilst flexible to the needs of the unit, is an intro to the 10 x British Principles of COIN, which underpin all "Small Wars" and then drill down into more detail. Happy to discuss if you wish and even share resources??

I have a concern though with your proposed content. I think you're coming at it too heavily on the kinetic side. Whilst I appreciate the need for kinetic effect (I am a serving member of the British Army) I am not so sure it should have quite such a high profile that you suggest? There is a distinct danger that you will set the conditions in your students heads that these Small Wars are best resolved through the sole use of kinetic effects; I would argue that this is not the case.

As I have said; happy to chat if you want me to?

CS