As I join in a little late here I see a couple of different things.

Having been around IO since the late 90's, no matter information decision creating multiple button drop-down system is created, most fall back to the three basic elements of computer usage, word, powerpoint, and excel. Something familiar and easy to manipulate.

I've seen a couple of different versions of IO teams. The Air Force started off with Information Warfare Flights working at the Number Air Force assigned to a RCC. The IWF is now a specialty team, Information Operations Team, within the AIr Operations Center. The idea being for the AF Component, the IO group of planners and coordinators is right in the mix of it all. I know in recent discussions with folks I teach, the IO team is the two IO folks (one day, one night, if lucky) coordinating across the spectrum and answer the bosses mail. The boss needs to trust the 3 and their respective LNOs to be smart enought to complete the mission.

For Spud, is there a push to change the JS/DOD to change OPLAN format and pull Annex F into Annex C? I'm not sure what the larger PA/SC community thinks of this one. Most PA's stand behind the doctrine of Voice of the Commander, attached to the commander, not within a numbered staff element.

Though, I do agree, if you don't get all of the cats and dogs related to the capabilities within IO (core, supporting & related) into the same room to deconflict and sync messages and activities, it will always be a disjointed and at time reactive process.

In thinking about the GIE, the US does not always do well in proactive/preemptive strikes in the information realm. To inform/influence a behavior or change it, sometimes it is necessary to be the first on the block. This has shown success with the Chinese Embassy bombing in Kosovo.

IO is not a math problem where it can be simply measure by adding 1+1 equals effect. Though our own cultural we have become this results based society of spend a dollar and want to know I got a dollars worth of product. As for IO and Influencing decision making, this is not always the case. If it was, marketing firms would quite spending millions on advertising to make money and go for the simple cheap solution and make more money.